Thursday 10 February 2011

Webpage Review

  



   In MsGamage's blog, I visited all the ESL websites, but somehow most of them were not working. They say like "retired page". So it was a bit hard to view and find the right website for me. I just found one that is good enough and working, and that is http://century.guardian.co.uk/.

   This is a website where you can easily see many different news articles, and I felt it would be useful in Humanities class. I could easily view different articles in different categories which is very useful. If I go to culture and history, I can even view old articles. I think it's very good!

   Actually, I care about the design of a website a lot. So it's easy for me to just close the website if the design is not good. Since I believe that the design is also another very important part of a website. It makes the contents look better or even worse. For example, http://www.bibliomania.com/, which is also listed in the ESL websites link in Msgamage's blog, has a red background. The website is for reading materials online, but the background is bright red! It makes my eyes hurt so much. I think the page should have used some calm and nice colors like Green or blue. (It does not mean red is not nice, it just doesn't go with the purpose of the page, and MY FAVOURITE COLOUR IS RED!)

   So the http://century.guardian.co.uk/ website's design was fine, since it was easy to see the categories, and I like the white background. 

   I hope I can find some better and other good websites soon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment