Thursday 26 May 2011

Unit Of Inquiry

Unit of Inquiry
Week 1 Introduction-April 5th- 8thTeacher Notes
Completed TaskSurvey of learning styles and survey of interests posted onto blog.
Discussed  topics I was interested in.
Well done.
To Do ListForm a guiding question and a AOI to match my topic.


Week 2 Getting Started-April 11th- 15thTeacher Notes
Standard and Criterion MetCriterion A
1. Ask interpretive and evaluative questions
3. Select a focus, organization, and point of view based upon purpose, audience, length and format requirements appropriate to audience and circumstances.
Good work
Completed TaskReviewed and wrote the  Criterion for my project
Posted the Bloom’s Taxonomy onto blogger
Formed a guiding question to match my Area of Interaction
Choose my topic.
Excellent work
To Do ListStart researching my topic “ Indigenous Art in Indonesia- culture and art” using Blooms Taxonomy.Great topic, I am also interested in indigenous art.


Criterion, Objectives and Skills
Criterion A- understand and respond to questions and statements
ask interpretive and evaluative questions
Ask questions about my topic in order to define my topic and help learning my topic.
Criterion B-correctly use a range of vocabulary correctly
make informative presentations/projects that frame a key question; contain facts and details that help listeners focus, and incorporate more than one source of information (e.g. speakers, books, newspapers, film).
Learn grammar while enjoying it, and correctly use vocabulary when I speak. I will do discussions, role play, and presentations and in there I will use proper grammar, pronunciation and vocabulary.
Criterion C- use a format and structure appropriate to the task to organize the work
Select a focus, organization, and point of view based upon purpose, audience, length, and format requirements.
I will show my understanding about my topic by using a variety of software that suits my topic such as Keynote, Powerpoint, iMovie and Word.
Criterion D-correctly use a range of vocabulary
appropriate to audience and circumstance.
I will use the correct vocabulary in order to deliver my purpose and my understanding of the topic in a clear way for the audience. I will support my topic through different writing formats such as advertisements, essays, creative writings and presentations.
Criterion E-draw conclusions
produce summaries of non-fiction texts, accurately conveying the main ideas and supporting details.
Read the information to get new knowledge and understand it to use it to support my topic. I will learn new knowledge from reading different new materials both in print and other forms of media.


Week 3: Knowledge- April 18th- 22nd
Teacher Notes
Standard and Criterion MetC,D.E
Completed TaskI have found some information about my topic- Indigenous Indonesian art. I described and completed my summary of my topic. I read an article that related to my topic and summarized it on my blog. Great work, try and make complex sentences in your summary and posts.
ResourcesInternet
http://rydiculousart.blogspot.com/2010/02/indonesian-arts-and-handicrafts.html
Please reference the link you used- Great, please keep all references in a bibliography.
To Do ListWeekly reflection on blog:


I will use the information contained in my summary to in a survey so that I can compare the information and make predictions on the role of culture in Indonesian Indigenous art.






Week 4- Comprehension: April 25th- 29thTeacher Notes
Standard and Criterion MetA,B, C,DGood
Completed TaskI recorded a video of an oral presentation reading my summary from the Knowledge stage. I embed this onto my edublog. I’ve made a survey on my topic and sent emails to teachers who know about Indonesian art.I enjoyed listening to your presentation.
ResourcesMacbook, Photo booth video recorder.Great
To Do ListA reflection on how my project is going. I have to collect the results from the survey and classify the responses and show the results in a table. done.Good work Nahyeon I am glad that you are integrating Math, Art and English with this project.

No comments:

Post a Comment